Sunday, May 29, 2011

We're engaged!

On Thursday, May 26th, Hanako and I went up to Yosemite National Park. The weather was perfect. The waterfalls were spectacular. After a long day of walking through the woods we reached Emerald Pool above Vernal Fall. Our legs were aching and our clothes were drenched from the mist. At the top we basked in the sun and lay on the warm stones. I asked her to marry me after I graduated from graduate school. She said yes.

Tonight, we finally had the chance to talk with her father over the internet. At first, it was uncertain whether he would approve, but I'm happy to say that all went well. In two years time, I'll be part of the Kamo family and Hanako will be part of the Merrill family.

Hanako will be leaving back for Japan in three days and I'll be leaving back to Morgantown in five. I'll be sure to update more once I get back.

Thanks for all of your support, everyone!

2 comments: