Sunday, November 20, 2011

Woohoo! Thanksgiving Break!

It's not often that we get a whole week off from school so my classmates and I are overjoyed that we get the week off. Although most of them have left Morgantown to be with their families or are vacationing in warmer climates a few of us will be here in Morgantown. It's been gray all day and now it's raining, but nothing can dampen my spirits.

It seems contradictory to be in such jubilation if going to school is so wonderful. School is going along just fine and although I enjoy studying, studying for tests isn't all that enjoyable. I like WVU and the PA Program here but as I've said before, even people like Tiger Woods need to take breaks from golfing.

Nonetheless, I will still get some studying done this week. There's a 4-5 page microbiology report that I'll be writing and a couple of other subjects that need some studying up on. Once we get back to school we should only have a few weeks left until we are finished with the year. And that means we'll also be finished with classes! I can't believe that this could possibly be the last time I sit in a classroom and take a traditional course. Sure, learning goes on, but my classmates and I have been in the educational system for so long (the majority of our lives in fact) that the classroom environment has become something of a second home. I need to rent a 'mental U-Haul' and make the transition from my former home, the classroom, to my future home, the laboratory.

My roommate has invited me to spend Thanksgiving with her and her family. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and eating some tasty food. I'm fortunate to have found such a kind roommate.

This winter break I'll be looking into the immigration and naturalization process so that Hanako and I can finally be together again. It's been six months now since we've last seen each other, but thanks to technology, email and SKYPE it feels like we aren't too far apart. I'm still worried about her situation because radioactive elements are still being emitted from the nuclear power plant and are possibly leaking into the ground water. I'm also very disappointed that the major media outlets have completely ignored Fukushima and kept everything hush-hush. I'll bet that the majority of people don't even realize that Fukushima is a level 7 nuclear accident, the highest rating possible and on par with Chernobyl. There are so many things in this world that I want to fix and set right, but I realize that the only thing I can do is to remain vigilant and care for my friends, family and those who will lend an ear.

In the meantime, I have some relaxing to catch up on.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I brought my husband into the US on a fiance visa if you have any questions. It really is an easy process as long as you read all the instructions and keep the timelines in mind.

    ReplyDelete