Wednesday, November 9, 2011

There's Never a Good Time to Get Sick

I came down with a cold yesterday and it's just in time for my test tomorrow in laboratory management. I'm actually not too worried about it because my grades in that class have been fairly solid and I would have to flunk it for it to have a significant impact. But nonetheless, despite our two big tests last Friday and on Monday, the study material is once again piling up.

For me, the worst part about having a cold is not the impact that it has on your health, but how the cold disables your normal functioning. This is only the second cold that I've gotten this year so I don't get sick often, but when I do it just saps all of my precious energy. Precious energy is what is needed for studying.

Yesterday, as I was walking home from school after studying late in the scope room, my whole body just felt so exhausted that once I arrived home I couldn't study anymore. Later that night my pharynx began to get sore and I knew by midday today that I was sick for sure. Thankfully, I don't have any cough. Today after school I tried to catch up in the scope room again what I wasn't able to complete yesterday, but I was just so exhausted from the cold that I couldn't concentrate. No matter how long I stared at the slides I couldn't connect the dots or recognize what I was supposed to see. So after about 15 minutes of sitting listless I decided to head home, call it a day and try again tomorrow.

In high school, when our class graduated, my friend received an award for "Most Likely to Make a Cure for the Common Cold." He's studying physics now, but I need to pester him to hurry up on that cure.

2 comments:

  1. Feel better and good luck on your test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I survived the week. Studying for the test was difficult but my grade turned out just fine. I'm feeling much better now and should be ready again once Monday rolls around.

    ReplyDelete