Thursday, February 14, 2013

A New Blog

I apologize for not posting any updates lately. I still haven't gotten around to getting permission to post about work, but I will say that we are very busy. There are still many more things to learn and ways to improve my performance, but, things are going as smoothly as they can.

I haven't mentioned it yet, but a current student at WVU has created her own blog to document her experiences in PA school. I'd encourage everyone to go and take a look here: http://nikkiscrubs.blogspot.com/.

4 comments:

  1. Hey it's Dylan, cool blog buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dylan! I haven't updated in a long time and I'm not sure when next I'll post something. I hope that there may be some useful information in here that you or others will find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I'm interested in Pathology Assistant, and I'm taking an extra year to take some extra classes, such as anatomy, as well as retake a few classes to boost my GPA. I am in the process of making my fall schedule and I am unsure which prerequisites to retake. I am looking at retaking organic chemistry, however, I am unsure how beneficial it would be. If you have any information or suggestions, it would be much appreciated. I have asked faculty and advisors at my university and they do not know anything about pathology assistant! Since you are well on your way, I figured you might be able to help me out!

    Thanks!

    Cydney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cydney!

      It has actually been a long time since I've maintained this blog, but I may be of some help. Each PA program will have its own requirements, so you'll need to go to the website for each program. If your organic chemistry grade is less than a B, then I'd recommend retaking it. Try to get your gpa above at least a 3.0. The PA programs are pretty academically rigorous and many require that you maintain a 3.0 gpa while you are in the program. Good luck and happy studying!

      Delete