Friday, November 30, 2012

Last Test at School!



I have been remiss in writing a blog post, but I’m happy to say that finally our last test at WVU is over and finished! It’s good to know that the only remaining test is the ASCP certification exam. I’m still registered to take it back in Fresno, California six days after the last day of our rotation. I’m feeling confident that I can pass it right now if I were to take it.

This latest test has been good in reminding me certain areas that I should be focusing more time on. I did very well, but I have been neglecting studying forensic pathology and histology/stains. It’s not uncommon for people in this field to focus on one subject to the exclusion of all else. My pathology and anatomy are down pretty well pat.

Still I haven’t heard any word from USCIS and our application for the K-1 visa. It has been over 7 months now which is very unusual to say it lightly. I have called, but the only answer that I get is that the processing center is still very busy and has yet to reach our application. It’s a big kink in our future plans, but I have only one option and that is to wait.

The days in Pittsburgh have been growing colder and colder and for a person who is ill-adjusted to cold weather, many of my conversations with those around me at work are about the harrowing adventures trying to get to work. The weather and the road conditions can play a surprisingly large role in your mood for the rest of the day. In the morning, if the roads are really clogged, then we’ll know that our specimen load is going to be really heavy. Likewise, if there’s little traffic, then the workload for the day will more than likely be lighter. It’s got to be more than just a coincidence.

With only two more weeks to go it has come time to pack up some of our belongings and get organized for our last big move of the year. We are giving away or throwing out furniture that we will no longer need. I plan on going to Goodwill and seeing how much from us that they will take.

I’ll try and get some good pictures of our graduation ceremony and convocation brunch for your viewing pleasure. It’s all coming to a finale!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Forrest. You've have definitively earned your degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! I can't wait to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forrest, The ones who did not get jobs, was it because they needed specific places? I start at Quinnipiac in May and am just curious as to how you believe the job market will progress?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello cPath, Congratulations on your acceptance into Quinnipiac! Some of the students in our class really wanted to find a job in just one particular city or one particular state. Although the job market is fairly good, I still think that it is not so easy to get a job the the city of your choice. I would say that half of us found jobs at our ideal location and the remaining found jobs at a place that was their 2nd or 3rd choice. If you are willing to work anywhere in the US, then there will absolutely be no problem in finding a job. Good luck and happy studying!

    Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok thanks! As of right this second, I believe i will be pretty open to where ever after school, of course this could change in the next two years. But thanks! & good luck starting your job. I have been following your blog pretty much since you started so its great to see how quickly it has gone by. Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete